Redacted

Savage Night
Jim Thompson
The Buntline Special
Mike Resnick
The Man in the High Castle - Philip K. Dick An alternative history tale set in a US where the Axis powers won the Second World War. America has been divided into a Japanese colony on the West Coast, a German colony on the East Coast and sort of a midwest buffer state between the two. The themes of the two intertwined stories are familiar to PKD veterans; People are not who they seem to be, reality is not as real as you might think, the counterfeit is indistinguishable from the "real". Paranoia and epistemological rantings abound.

This is not as weird a book as you usually get from PKD. I was a little disappointed that some of the strangeness I had come to expect was missing, however, this is also one of the best plotted and least confusing of the PKD books I have read thus far. I would rec this to anyone who hasn't read any PKD yet and is looking for a good place to enter. Also to any fans who haven't gotten around to it yet (or exact copies of such fans who don't know yet they are actually just copies.)